At Skoulas DDS, our staff is sensitive to that and understands that your fear of a root canal is based on negative perceptions. To address any concerns you have, Dr. Skoulas discusses your treatment and comfort before performing any procedure. Because root canals involve more time at the dentist, Dr. Skoulas provides San Francisco root canal patients with:
- Headphones to listen to music on Spotify or video goggles to enjoy a Netflix movie or series.
- Anesthesia options that include nitrous oxide to minimize your anxiety during treatment.
- An agent that reverses numbness from local anesthesia following your root canal.
In addition to added comforts during the procedure, Dr. Skoulas will educate you about the procedure and reassure you of your progress every step of the way.
What Will Happen During Your Root Canal
Dr. Skoulas will first determine if you need a root canal with a thorough exam and X-rays. After she understands the extent of the problem, Dr. Skoulas will:
- Schedule a root canal as soon as possible to prevent further damage to your teeth.
- Stop your pain and discomfort by removing the blood vessel and nerve from your infected tooth.
- Seal the root from infection while she prepares a crown to restore the appearance of your smile and bite.
- Attach the permanent crown to your tooth a week after your root canal.
While you may have some initial anxiety, the procedure will reduce the damage that an infected tooth can cause in the long run.
If you have tooth pain caused by an infected tooth, call Dr. Skoulas’ San Francisco office at (415) 757-0110 to schedule an appointment today.