San Francisco is a fantastic place to live if you’re looking look for a new cosmetic dentist. There are lots of outstanding dentists in the area so patients have a lot of different options. But what should you look for in a new cosmetic dentist? Not all dentists are created equal and we wanted to draw attention to some of the things that patients should keep in mind as they start looking for a new cosmetic dentist.
San Francisco patients who are worried about opening their mouth to smile or talk because of discolored or crooked teeth should contact Dr. Skoulas immediately at (415) 757-0110. Our offices are located in the heart of the financial district in San Francisco so we can see patients on their lunch breaks, before or after work, and even on Saturdays.
As a general and cosmetic dentist, we would love to invite you to our modern and comfortable office for an in-person consultation. We bend over backwards to accommodate your schedule so Dr. Skoulas can perform a detailed examination and talk with you about your goals for your teeth.
What’s the Difference Between a General and Cosmetic Dentist?
San Francisco patients often ask us what’s different between general and cosmetic dentists. A cosmetic dentist can treat the same problems as a general dentist but undergo additional, rigorous training and certification that focuses on improving the appearance of your teeth, including:
Cosmetic dentists also have a deeper understanding of how to restore your teeth in a way that not only looks natural but enhances your smile safely and effectively.
How Do I Find a Qualified Cosmetic Dentist?
San Francisco patients who spend any time looking for a new cosmetic dentist will soon realize that each one has a different approach. Before scheduling a consultation, you should make sure your cosmetic dentist has the following qualities:
- Experience: Cosmetic dentistry is not a formal specialization, but the the dentist should have training in general dentistry and certifications for continuing education courses that provide training for the cosmetic procedures they perform.
- Professional organizations: Your cosmetic dentist should be engaged in dental organizations geared towards cosmetic procedures. These organizations promote best practices and enable cosmetic dentists to discuss new approaches that lead to improved patient comfort. For example, Dr. Skoulas is not only a member of the American Dental Association, but she is also a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
- Before and After Photos: Before-and-After photos are one of the best ways for a cosmetic dentist to show off their work on their website. If you’re looking for a new dentist but they don’t proudly display pictures, you may want to think twice. Dr. Skoulas has a prominent section of our website devoted just to before-and-after pictures.
- Reviews: Yelp and other websites offer insights into patient experiences and the character of a cosmetic dentist. San Francisco dentists should have at least a few reviews from local patients and high ratings to indicate the quality of the care they give.
- Financing options: Some cosmetic procedures can be expensive if you pay for the treatment all at once. Finding a cosmetic dentist that offers flexible financing options will allow you to receive treatment immediately while paying an affordable monthly fee.
Whether you need a cavity filled or you’re interested in some porcelain veneers or teeth whitening, call Dr. Skoulas today at (415) 757-0110. We can’t wait for you to see yourself with the brilliant, confident smile you’ve always dreamed of. To schedule your consultation, contact our office today.