Exams For The Working Professional
The first step to improving your smile is to explore your options for treatment. Whether you have had ongoing concerns about persistent dental problems or your teeth have become stained or damaged over time, a variety of procedures can help you regain your healthy smile.
At Skoulas DDS, we offer San Francisco aesthetic dentistry that opens up new possibilities for working professionals: greater comfort, functionality, and presentation for more confidence in everything you do. Learn why our patients choose to enhance their smiles and how we can help you.
Aesthetic Dentistry Supports Your Career
Your teeth are central to your professional appearance. Maintaining their health and appearance matters because:
- Damaged or decaying teeth can become infected and the pain can distract you from your work.
- Uneven or discolored teeth can prevent you from sharing your smile, limiting the way you interact with colleagues and clients.
- Missing teeth can give your face a collapsed appearance, making you look less youthful and energetic.
Resolving these concerns can dramatically improve the way that you approach even the simplest activities at work, like contributing during meetings or volunteering for projects. A healthier, improved smile can also change the way you socialize, whether out with friends or spending time with family.
Solutions for Almost Any Dental Concern
Dr. Skoulas focuses her procedures on the issues that matter most in aesthetic dentistry. San Francisco patients come for treatments such as root canals to address infection, teeth whitening to brighten smiles, and crowns and bridges to repair teeth.
During your initial visit, Dr. Skoulas will prepare a treatment plan based on your goals and on the health of your smile. Our office schedules your procedure when you have time, minimizing your absence from work by providing convenient lunchtime appointments with minimal downtime. Our office uses advanced equipment and techniques to create a digital model of your teeth and of the results we plan to achieve.
With this approach, you can see what treatment can do before you make any commitments. You will also have the appointment availability needed to fit these appointments into your busy schedule.
Common Procedures Used in Aesthetic Dentistry For San Francisco Patients
San Francisco patients come to Dr. Skoulas for a variety of different tooth and smile issues that they’d like her to fix. Dr. Skoulas performs a detailed examination on all of her patients and then recommends a treatment method to help our patients reach their goals. For aesthetic dentistry, these are a few of the most common procedures that Dr. Skoulas uses to give your mouth, teeth, and smile a more pleasant appearance.
- Veneers – Porcelain veneers are a fabulous option for our patients that have damaged, crooked, discolored, or uneven teeth. Veneers are a paper-thin piece of porcelain that is bonded to the front surface of the tooth. This is a great option for patients that want to avoid the cost and time investment of orthodontics or having their teeth replaced. Dr. Skoulas matches your veneers to the shape and color of your other teeth so they look completely natural.
- Invisalign – For patients that want to straighten out their teeth without veneers or braces, Invisalign may be the best route. Invisalign is a teeth straightening system that uses clear, removable plastic trays to gradually shift your teeth. They are discreet, can be taken out at will, and are much more comfortable than braces.
- Teeth whitening – Having brilliant white teeth is a huge part of aesthetic dentistry. San Francisco patients that enjoy coffee, wine, or who smoke can develop yellow or brown stains on their teeth. Dr. Skoulas offers several teeth whitening options, including our in-office whitening service that can brighten your teeth by one or two shades in about an hour.
- Crowns and bridges – If you have a terrible cavity, if you’ve fractured your tooth, or even if you’re missing a tooth, crowns and bridges can give you a brand new, natural-looking tooth. A crown is used to replace a single tooth while a bridge can replace multiple teeth. Using a crown, Dr. Skoulas can remove just a portion of a damaged tooth to create a natural foundation for the crown. From there, she can attach the crown to the top leaving patients with a strong chewing surface.
Your Comfort Is Our Top Priority
We understand that many of our San Francisco patients experience anxiety and stress about coming to the dentist. That’s exactly why Dr. Skoulas has invested in the absolute latest in sedation dentistry. We offer a range of sedation options, including nitrous oxide to help you relax. All of our patients can enjoy Netflix or Spotify during their treatment as well. Plus, after your appointment we can use a local anesthetic reversal agent that greatly reduces the amount of time that your mouth will be numb. Our patients love that they can return to work without having to worry about part of their mouth being numb.
Convenient Location for Effective Aesthetic Dentistry
San Francisco professionals love that we are located so close to where they work. This convenience allows them to:
- Have treatment without taking significant time away from their job.
- Receive care in a modern, upscale setting.
- Come in as needed for both routine cleanings and aesthetic dentistry.
Just as important to our patients is the level of care we provide. Dr. Skoulas follows the latest protocols in dental and aesthetic procedures. She invests in new technology for greater patient comfort and better outcomes, and she takes the time to explain procedures and answer questions—all while keeping appointments on time and efficient.
As a busy professional, Skoulas DDS offers you the opportunity to improve your smile and maintain proper oral health. We invite you to visit our practice and experience all that we have to offer.
Explore your options with aesthetic dentistry in San Francisco. Schedule an appointment with Skoulas DDS.