Whether you have a fractured tooth, a large cavity, or missing teeth, Dr. Skoulas can repair your smile with crown & bridge procedures.
Patients of the Financial District and Embarcadero areas of San Francisco can restore functionality and aesthetics to their teeth with these simple and common treatments. Learn about the advantages that these procedures offer and how Dr. Skoulas ensures patient comfort and provides lasting results.
The Benefits Of Crown & Bridge
If one of your teeth has significant damage, a simple filling may not resolve the problem. Dr. Skoulas may instead use a crown, which is a tooth-shaped appliance that goes over your original tooth. The crown:
- Restores a natural and aesthetically pleasing appearance to your tooth.
- Replaces missing tooth structure due to cavitation or fracture. (It doesn’t seal large fillings)
- Protects the tooth from further damage.
If you are missing a tooth or several teeth, Dr. Skoulas may instead recommend a bridge replacement. Bridges are made of three or more crowns that are attached to each other to replace missing teeth.
- The missing tooth space is replaced with a tooth called a pontic.
- The teeth adjacent to the missing tooth are used as anchors for the bridge.
- Crowns are placed on the anchor teeth and the crowns are attached to the pontic tooth to create the three or more unit bridge.
Bridges are an excellent solution if you want a fixed restoration: one that you don’t have to remove every night since it is cemented in place.
For crown & bridge, San Francisco patients of the Financial District and Embarcadero areas should choose a dental practice that uses high-quality materials and methods. Dr. Skoulas takes precise measurements during your preparation appointment. She always works with established dental labs that prioritize quality. When possible, she also chemically bonds the component to add greater strength to your tooth or teeth.
Well-made crowns and bridges should last years, are less likely to irritate your mouth, and will look more natural.