San Francisco Invisalign
You want straight, even, and healthy teeth for an aesthetically pleasing smile, but you may be concerned about the appearance and discomfort of braces. Invisalign® provides a clear, removable alternative for teens, adults, and working professionals in San Francisco.
Invisalign gradually straightens teeth with a customized set of aligners that fit and mold to your smile. With guidance from Skoulas DDS, the treatment will gently move your teeth into their proper place over time—all without the irritation and interference that braces can cause.
The Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign is the modern alternative to braces. It offers advantages in nearly every area, including…
- Comfort. Invisalign’s aligner trays are smooth, comfortable, and hard to spot. Unlike the metal brackets and wires of braces, Invisalign blends in with your smile, making it an ideal solution for school, home, or work.
- Convenience. Braces often require adjustments, repairs, and upkeep. Our San Francisco Invisalign patients don’t have these restrictions; they just replace the aligner trays on an ongoing basis until treatment is finished. Also, unlike braces, it’s easy to floss, brush, and clean your teeth with Invisalign.
- Flexibility. While you should wear your Invisalign aligners for 20-22 hours a day, you can choose to remove them for important occasions. Whether it’s a work presentation or a meal with friends and family, you can enjoy your time unencumbered.
What San Francisco Invisalign Patients Can Expect
Visit Skoulas DDS to learn more about Invisalign. Dr. Skoulas will help you understand how the treatment method works, answer your questions, and ensure that you are a good candidate. As part of the process:
- She will take images, impressions, and x-rays to create a precise treatment plan for your teeth.
- Dr. Skoulas will advise you about the expected length of treatment and show you a virtual representation of how your smile will look. Treatment usually takes about one year for adults.
- When your custom-made, transparent aligners are ready, you will begin wearing your first set, removing them for meals and brushing your teeth. About every two weeks, you will exchange your aligners for a new set, and you will have checkups with Dr. Skoulas about every six weeks to make sure you are on track to your ideal smile.
- After you finish treatment, Dr. Skoulas may recommend retainers to preserve the alignment of your teeth.
Invisalign is comparable to the price of braces but offers all of the advantages of a non-obtrusive, flexible, and comfortable solution. Your insurance plan may also cover treatment. Find out more about the benefits of Invisalign by scheduling an appointment with Skoulas DDS in San Francisco.
Invisalign can give you the smile that you want without interfering with daily life. For an initial consultation, call Dr. Skoulas at (415) 757-0110.