San Francisco Cosmetic Dentist
You want a smile you can share—not one you feel like you have to hide. As an SF cosmetic dentist, Dr. Antigone Skoulas combines modern techniques and technology with high-quality care to give patients the smiles they deserve.
Could You Benefit from a Smile Makeover?
Cosmetic dentistry is a multispecialty approach to improving the appearance of your teeth. Dr. Skoulas helps SF patients with a variety of concerns, such as:
- Crooked teeth and cramped space in the mouth.
- Overgrown gums and bone loss.
- Broken teeth, missing teeth, and bite problems.
- Yellow or discolored teeth.
Even if only a few teeth have concerns, they can affect the harmony of your entire smile. San Francisco Cosmetic Dentist, Dr. Skoulas can examine any issues you have and make recommendations for improvement.
What to Expect from an SF Cosmetic Dentist
In your appointment, Dr. Skoulas will typically:
- Conduct an examination to identify oral health and aesthetic concerns.
- Take photographs and X-rays to develop a digital image of your smile.
- Prepare a treatment plan suited to your needs.
- Provide you with an image of what your enhanced smile could look like.
A treatment plan can be as simple as minor adjustments to the shape of the teeth. It may also be more complex and involve multiple treatments with specialists, such as oral surgeons. Dr. Skoulas in SF will help you compare treatment options so that you make an informed decision for your care.
The length of your treatment with a San Francisco cosmetic dentist depends on the procedures you approve. Typically, it ranges from one month to 3 years. A patient who only needs teeth whitening or veneers will have a different timeline from a patient who requires extensive dental and cosmetic procedures.
Whichever case applies to you, Dr. Skoulas will be committed to your care and will offer high-quality treatment in each procedure. If you are ready to smile more easily, comfortably, and confidently, schedule your appointment with our practice today.
Teeth Whitening with a Cosmetic Dentist
San Francisco is a fast-paced city where our patients work and play hard. To succeed, our patients need every edge they can get. Having a powerful, bright smile that lights up a room is something that can have a huge impact on your career. That’s why Dr. Skoulas offers both in-office whitening and take-home kits that you can do at your convenience.
- In-office teeth whitening – This procedure is a patient favorite. It takes less than an hour, and our cutting-edge methods can brighten your teeth by one or two shades in just a single treatment.
- Take home option – For San Francisco patients that have tooth sensitivity or less enamel, our take-home trays can be a better option. Even though this method takes longer, the risks of increased tooth sensitivity are minimal.
Why Work with Dr. Skoulas?
From the very first day she opened her practice, Dr. Skoulas has worked to provide a welcoming and anxiety-free space for all of her patients who need a cosmetic dentist. SF patients are always busy which is why our offices are conveniently located in the heart of the downtown financial district. We’re close by so our San Francisco patients can come in for a cleaning or a quick procedure. Having a brilliant and gorgeous smile can go a long way in our patients’ careers and social lives.
When you work with Dr. Skoulas, you’ll get to experience the absolute latest in anesthesia. We provide anesthesia reversal so that you don’t have to stay numb for several hours afterward. Instead, anesthesia reverses the numbing agent in just a few minutes. If you have a big meeting or presentation later in the afternoon, you won’t have to worry about half your mouth being numb. We also offer nitrous to help our patients relax before a procedure. Many of our patients enjoy listening to Spotify or watching Netflix during their procedure.
Aesthetic Dentistry Supports Your Career
Your teeth are central to your professional appearance. Maintaining their health and appearance matters because:
- Damaged or decaying teeth can become infected and the pain can distract you from your work.
- Uneven or discolored teeth can prevent you from sharing your smile, limiting the way you interact with colleagues and clients.
- Missing teeth can give your face a collapsed appearance, making you look less youthful and energetic.
Resolving these concerns can dramatically improve the way that you approach even the simplest activities at work, like contributing during meetings or volunteering for projects. A healthier, improved smile can also change the way you socialize, whether out with friends or spending time with family.
Solutions for Almost Any Dental Concern
Dr. Skoulas focuses her procedures on the issues that matter most in aesthetic dentistry. San Francisco patients come for treatments such as root canals to address infection, teeth whitening to brighten smiles, and crowns and bridges to repair teeth.
During your initial visit, Dr. Skoulas will prepare a treatment plan based on your goals and on the health of your smile. Our office schedules your procedure when you have time, minimizing your absence from work by providing convenient lunchtime appointments with minimal downtime. Our office uses advanced equipment and techniques to create a digital model of your teeth and of the results we plan to achieve.
With this approach, you can see what treatment can do before you make any commitments. You will also have the appointment availability needed to fit these appointments into your busy schedule.
Common Procedures Used in Aesthetic Dentistry For San Francisco Patients
San Francisco patients come to Dr. Skoulas for a variety of different tooth and smile issues that they’d like her to fix. Dr. Skoulas performs a detailed examination on all of her patients and then recommends a treatment method to help our patients reach their goals. For aesthetic dentistry, these are a few of the most common procedures that Dr. Skoulas uses to give your mouth, teeth, and smile a more pleasant appearance.
- Veneers – Porcelain veneers are a fabulous option for our patients that have damaged, crooked, discolored, or uneven teeth. Veneers are a paper-thin piece of porcelain that is bonded to the front surface of the tooth. This is a great option for patients that want to avoid the cost and time investment of orthodontics or having their teeth replaced. Dr. Skoulas matches your veneers to the shape and color of your other teeth so they look completely natural.
- Invisalign – For patients that want to straighten out their teeth without veneers or braces, Invisalign may be the best route. Invisalign is a teeth straightening system that uses clear, removable plastic trays to gradually shift your teeth. They are discreet, can be taken out at will, and are much more comfortable than braces.
- Teeth whitening – Having brilliant white teeth is a huge part of aesthetic dentistry. San Francisco patients that enjoy coffee, wine, or who smoke can develop yellow or brown stains on their teeth. Dr. Skoulas offers several teeth whitening options, including our in-office whitening service that can brighten your teeth by one or two shades in about an hour.
- Crowns and bridges – If you have a terrible cavity, if you’ve fractured your tooth, or even if you’re missing a tooth, crowns and bridges can give you a brand new, natural-looking tooth. A crown is used to replace a single tooth while a bridge can replace multiple teeth. Using a crown, Dr. Skoulas can remove just a portion of a damaged tooth to create a natural foundation for the crown. From there, she can attach the crown to the top leaving patients with a strong chewing surface.
Your Comfort Is Our Top Priority
We understand that many of our San Francisco patients experience anxiety and stress about coming to the dentist. That’s exactly why Dr. Skoulas has invested in the absolute latest in sedation dentistry. We offer a range of sedation options, including nitrous oxide to help you relax. All of our patients can enjoy Netflix or Spotify during their treatment as well. Plus, after your appointment we can use a local anesthetic reversal agent that greatly reduces the amount of time that your mouth will be numb. Our patients love that they can return to work without having to worry about part of their mouth being numb.
Convenient Location for Effective Aesthetic Dentistry
San Francisco professionals love that we are located so close to where they work. This convenience allows them to:
- Have treatment without taking significant time away from their job.
- Receive care in a modern, upscale setting.
- Come in as needed for both routine cleanings and aesthetic dentistry.
Just as important to our patients is the level of care we provide. Dr. Skoulas follows the latest protocols in dental and aesthetic procedures. She invests in new technology for greater patient comfort and better outcomes, and she takes the time to explain procedures and answer questions—all while keeping appointments on time and efficient.
As a busy professional, Skoulas DDS offers you the opportunity to improve your smile and maintain proper oral health. We invite you to visit our practice and experience all that we have to offer.
How to Get Started with Dr. Skoulas
If you’re looking for a cosmetic dentist, San Francisco patients can just pick up the phone can call our offices at (415) 757-0110. When you call, you’ll always be greeted by one of our expertly-trained staff. Hearing from our new potential patients is something we always look forward to. We’re happy to talk with you about your concerns, answer your questions, and learn more about what your unique dental needs are. From there, the next step is to get you into our modern and stylish offices.
Plan a visit with Dr. Antigone Skoulas, a knowledgeable San Francisco cosmetic dentist, by calling or contacting our practice online.