Cosmetic Dentist Financial District
When you walk into a job interview or an important meeting, the first thing that people will look at is your smile. In the fast-paced and competitive business world of San Francisco, if you have discolored or crooked teeth, it can seriously compromise your opportunities. From total smile makeovers and bridges to Invisalign and in-office teeth whitening, Dr. Skoulas is one of the premier providers of top quality cosmetic dentistry in San Francisco. Give us a call today at (415) 757-0110 if you’re ready to take your career to the next level or just to get a smile that you love looking at in the mirror.
We’re located in the heart of the financial district so that our busy, working patients can get in and out as quickly as possible. On top of that, Dr. Skoulas is one of the gentlest and most compassionate dentists you’ll ever meet. She listens to all of her patient’s concerns and takes careful note of any sensitive areas you may have. If you’re looking for compassionate care, Dr. Skoulas is your dentist.
Financial District, San Francisco patients, can sometimes experience stress about coming to visit our office. We want everyone who visits us to have a comfortable experience which is why we offer tools to help with dental anxiety and much more. Give us a call today with any questions you might have or to set up an appointment.
What Is A Cosmetic Dentist?
Financial District, San Francisco patients often ask us what the difference is between their usual, general dentist and a cosmetic dentist. It’s helpful first to understand the training that all dentists must complete to practice dentistry.
- Undergrad – All dentists first get their undergraduate degree, usually a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree.
- Post-Grad – From there, dentists will complete a four-year program at a dental college where they will get either a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or a Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) degree. Both degrees are identical, the only difference being the acronym chosen by the college.
- Testing – Once the dentist has their DDS or DMD, they have to take both a national test and a local or state test. After they’ve passed both tests, they’ll get a license to practice medicine in the state or region where they pass the test. For example, a dentist that gets their license in California won’t be able to practice dentistry in New York.
Now, with their new license, the dentist can offer all of the usual dental services like x-rays, cleanings, fillings, and root canals. But for dentists that want to start doing cosmetic procedures, they have to get additional training and complete more courses to offer procedures like dental implants, veneers, and crowns.
While the main goal of general dentistry is preventing and repairing oral problems, the goal of cosmetic dentistry is to make the teeth and mouth look good.
What Procedures Do Cosmetic Dentists Offer?
As a cosmetic dentist, financial district, San Francisco, and Bay Area patients can come to Dr. Skoulas for a wide range of procedures.
- Teeth whitening – Having a brilliant white smile can do wonders for your career. If your teeth are discolored from coffee, wine, or smoking, Dr. Skoulas can brighten them by a shade or two in just a single, one-hour visit. We also offer take-home whitening trays for you to use in the comfort of your home.
- Invisalign – If you avoid speaking in conversations or smiling because you have crooked teeth, Invisalign could be a terrific option. Instead of using painful metal braces, patients can straighten their teeth discretely with clear, custom-made trays.
- Porcelain Veneers – Veneers are thin shells of porcelain that are bonded to your teeth. They can straighten and whiten your teeth quickly without the cost or time commitment of Invisalign.
- Crowns – For teeth that are infected but can still be saved, a crown is a way to replace the deteriorating tooth with one that is matched to the rest of your teeth. Crowns fit over the existing tooth, and Dr. Skoulas takes great care to get an exact match with your other teeth.
- Bridges – For patients who are missing one or more teeth, a bridge can replace the teeth while also restoring the structure in your mouth and your ability to chew and speak normally. When you have missing teeth, make sure that you choose Dr. Skoulas as your cosmetic dentist.
Financial District, San Francisco patients who are tired of closing their mouths when they smile or avoid looking at their mouth in the mirror, should give Dr. Skoulas a call today at (415) 757-0110. After you call, the first step will be to set up a convenient time for you to visit our offices in the downtown financial district. Dr. Skoulas will perform an examination and use x-rays to create a digital picture of your mouth. From there, Dr. Skoulas will work with you to develop a treatment plan that meets your needs and also provide you with an image of what your new smile might look like. Call us today to find out more!